If you would like to experience the change that classical music offers, these CDs might appeal to you.
Beethoven's Symphony No. 5 conducted by Herbert von Karajan is with its dark beginning the best-known Beethoven piece in the world but hardly anyone knows how it continues. People are more likely to recognize the melody of Beethovens Symphony No. 9. The CDs are the same so far because both of the Symphonies were written by Beethoven, are conducted by Herbert von Karajan and played by the Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra. In these aspects there are no differences but what is important is the music.
The differences are in the music. The 9th Symphony is more enjoyable when you want to think about difficult decisions in your life such as a job change or a familiar issue. Be inspired by the stirring but calming and precise thought piece which will lead to a perfect conclusion in whatever situation. If you have to do some overwhelming work which you are not in the mood for, listen to Beethoven's 5th Symphony. It will encourage you to get started and get the best out of it like Beethoven did some hundred years ago. It helped me to study for my final exams and I did surprisingly well in my maths test. No one had ever expected me to do so.
I would recommend both of the CDs not only because they depend on your situation but also on your mood.
Laura Blättler
Inspired by your comments, Laura, I've been listening to both on Youtube this evening. Although, as you say, Beethoven's 5th must be one of the most famous pieces of music in the world, I had never thought of it as being great background music for studying! What a great idea. I totally agree with you, that music can influence your mood, just as your mood influences your choice of music. What do you think of Beethoven's 7th Symphony (the Allegretto, 2nd movement)? It's the one they used on the soundtrack of The King's Speech.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteLaura! I was inspired by you -same as Fiona, and I listened to them on Youtube as well. I listened to Symphony No. 5 in a brass band version, because I love brass bands. It was absolutely amazing! I wish I could play the instrument like them---!
ReplyDeleteInteresting way of seeing classical music! A funny thing about that is how different could be both the understanding and feelings of it for each one of us!
ReplyDelete